The Rezum system is a new and effective technique for treating Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) based on the energy of water vapour. This minimally invasive treatment achieves excellent results without affecting the sexual function of patients and allows them to abandon medication, in most cases.
BENEFITS OF THE REZUM SYSTEM:
- Procedimiento rápido.
- Quick procedure
- Minimally Invasive
- No need for general anaesthesia, performed under local sedation or anaesthesia.
- Outpatient procedure, hospitalisation is not necessary.
- The recovery is quick, without hardly any discomfort.
- The male sexual function, including the ejaculation, is completely preserved.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Rezum system injects water vapour, obtained through radiofrequency, in the area of the prostate gland. This water vapour generates thermal energy that eliminates the excess prostatic tissue responsible for obstructing the flow of urine. By unblocking urine, the symptoms of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia are reduced:
- Frequent nocturnal urinations
- Decreased voiding stream
- Incontinence and urgency to urinate
- Feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Intermittent, weak and slow micturition
FOR WHAT TYPE OF PATIENTS IS IT INTENDED?
For all those patients with micturition symptoms and with a prostate gland until 60 cc.