- Degree in Medicine, Universidad Complutense de Madrid. 2000
- Specialty in urology, Hospital Universitario Gregorio Marañón. 2006
- Phd in Medicine and Surgery with a European Mention and Extraordinary Prize, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. 2011
- Fellow of the European Board of Urology. 2011
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS). 2011
- Fellow of the European Board of Sexual Medicine (FEBSM). 2013
- Master’s degree in Business Administration and Management of Health Services (EMADS) at Universitat Pompeu Fabra. 2012-2013
- Master “PADI IESE Health Management Program” IESE Business School. Madrid, Spain. 2016
- Surgical Leadership Program (SLP), Management. Harvard Medical School. 2021-2022
- Consultant in Urology, Hospital Universitario Puerta de Hierro. 2007 – Present.
- Founder and Medical Director of Lyx Instituto de Urología. 2014 – Present.
- Associate Head of the Urology Service. Hospital Ruber Internacional. 2021 – Present.
- Head of the Urology Service. Hospital Virgen del Mar. 2017 – 2022.
- Head of the Urology Service. Hospital Vithas Pardo de Aravaca. 2017 – 2022.
- Assistant Professor, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. 2007-present
- Associate Professor, Universidad Francisco de Vitoria. 2018-present
- Direction of theses. 2012-present
- Professor of Urology of the “Centro Técnico de Opocisiones CTO Medicina” for the preparation of MIR examinations. 2003-2006
SCIENTIFIC AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- Present Country Coordinator of the Uro-Andrology Group of the Spanish Association of Urology.
- Present Editor-in-Chief of the Revista Internacional Andrología (RIA).
- International Associated Editor. Journal of Sexual Medicine (JSM). (2013 – 2016)
- Editor-in-Chief. European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM) Newsletter. (2009 – 2016)
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- Extraordinary Doctoral Academic Year 2010/2011, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
- Bayo Angel Award. 2011-2012
- Pérez Castro award. Spanish Archives of Urology. 2007
- Research Grant. The European Society for Sexual Medicine awards the 2010 Grant for Medical Research. Study: “Intracavernosal bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cell therapy combined with tadalafil administration for the recovery of erectile function after cavernous nerve injury”, 2010.
- 2009 American Tour. International Academic Exchange Program. American Urological Association (AUA) and European Association of Urology. 2009.
- Research Grant. Prostate Cancer Foundation. Competitive Awards 2006. Principal Investigator: Ashutosh Tewari. “Technical innovations in real-time tissue identification during robotic radical prostatectomy to maximize cancer removal and optimize return of sexual function”, 2006.
- Endourological Society Fellowship Award (GYRUS acmi corp. Grant) 2006-2007.
- Research Grant. Medical Foundation Mutua Madrileña. “Technical Innovations in the identification of tissue during robot-assisted radical prostatectomy”. Duration 1 year. Amount (9,000 €). 2006.
- Expansion of scholarship Studies Abroad, Foundation for Research in Urology of the Spanish Association of Urology, granted during the National Congress, June 2006, in order to stay at the Robotic Surgery unit of the New York Presbyterian Hospital.
- AstraZeneca Scholarship / University of Miami Scholarship, to perform a rotation from August 2 to 15, 2005, in the Department of Urology at Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami (United States).
- Scholarship for further studies abroad, Urological Foundation in Madrid, The Madrid Association of Urology, granted during its annual meeting, 2004, for practices in the Clinique Saint-Augustin, Bordeaux (France), focused on urological laparoscopic surgery.
- Scholarship for Studies Abroad, Foundation for Research in Urology of the Spanish Association of Urology, granted during the National Congress, June 2004, to perform practices in the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Centre, New York (United States), focused on the field of Uro-oncological Laparoscopy.
- Intercampus No. 653 Scholarship, Spanish Agency for International Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, practices from 5 September to 30 October 1999, at the Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Monterrey (Mexico), in the chair entitled “Surgery and Laparoscopy”.